Exercise Minutes

Weight Loss

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2014- The Best Year Ever

Well it's 2014... where did the rest of last year go?

After my last post back in August things got pretty crazy for me.
I developed an ulcer... OUCH... ended up in the hospital and on TPN.

It's been rough, my life sort of went on hold. Not sure how I managed it all and still finished the semester at school. But I did.

School starts up again on the 22nd... hard to believe in May 2014 I will have a Bachelor's Degree in Social Work. Hopefully I will also have been accepted into the accelerated Masters program and will start Grad school right away this summer. If all goes as planned in May 2015 I will have a Masters degree at the age of 52 1/2.

I know I have lost focus sometimes of my weight loss journey, and I did have valid reason for not going to the Y or boxing or even eating right. BUT no excuse is really valid. There is always a way, I just have to want it enough to figure out what they alternate way is.

This year I made a Pact with myself. I am committing to putting ME first again, like I did right after the surgery. I have some long term goals and dreams that I hope to see manifest my Spring 2015 when I graduate from school. There are things I must do to get me where I want to be at that time.

Short term goals... one day at a time... I will step by step walk forward and not backward.

No resolutions for me... except the resolution that I am important enough to do what it takes to get where I want to be, where God has called me to be and what He has called me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment